Email me!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Grrr.

It must be the 95 degree heat here in NYC--plus, all the women who decide that this heat means they can wear ripped up leggings, or bikini tops, or clog-heels (someone, somewhere should get punched in the face for inventing clog-heels. I like to think all creative people are wonderful and necessary, but this one should have received a great deal less encouragement. As should all these "professional" women who think the workplace is an appropriate environment to wear a maxi dress, neon-purple nail polish and clog heels...no one wants to see your stripper gear, come on!)--but I am a little cranky. As is The Kitten. (I spent some time throwing ice cubes at him, and he was too irritated to even bite me.) But my point (and yes, I do have one) is that tomorrow I have to give a big presentation for my business and when this morning to visit the site...I wasn't super thrilled. Not exactly Madison Square Garden. But once I got over myself, I thought, "Well, I can either make it work or not..." Which do you think I shall be doing tomorrow? Exactly, son!
Also because, that type of defeatist attitude would make me one of those pretentious idiots who are all, "Oh I can only perform when everything is perfect", translation: "I'm an amateur."
So come on down to hear me tomorrow evening @ 6pm @ the NewLife Expo, talking about 10 quick steps to reinvention...I'll be the one killing 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment