Email me!

Monday, June 20, 2011

I know almost nothing about golf--except that the only type of golf I truly enjoy is miniature golf, and even at that I'm horrible--but I know enough to be very impressed by Rory McIllroy, who besides playing a perfect game at golf's US Open yesterday, demonstrates an almost superhuman humility and ability to learn from his mistakes. Clearly this kid will go far.

After playing horribly at The Masters earlier this year, he considered his mistakes...and came back to kill it. Yesterday Rory said, "Augusta was a very valuable experience for me ... I learned a few things about myself and my game." He's 22. (22 for fuck's sake!) He also recently visited quake victims in Haiti, and spoke about the perspective he gained, regarding how lucky he is to be able to play a game for a living. 

Regarding his profession, he may be lucky--or, just extremely focused--but as regards to his impressive character, clearly that he earned.
(PS: I'm still offering "quickie" 30 minute creativity coaching sessions in midtown: 30 minutes to 3 constructive solutions to personal/professional problems...come on down!)

No comments:

Post a Comment