Email me!

Monday, June 13, 2011

This is for an old friend...

(Someone whom I've known since I was a teenager someone whom, when we were both at our respective colleges, I went to visit her, and we spent a weekend drinking and singing Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again" in public, since we thought we were hilarious... till her roommate forcibly made us stop. Yes, that kind of old friend.) Anyway, this friend asked me to get her the email of a boy we went to high school with, since she had some "unfinished bidness" with him. I've never been a huge fan of said boy, but whatever: this is her ish.
She's divorced, and trying to get back into The World. So, she sent the boy a casual email...nothing. Then, spontaneously, she sent him a much longer, very honest, very open email...still (so far) nothing. But watch what did happen: she did realize that she had, finally, been totally honest and open with this boy, so if he still "rejected" her...well, what would she want with someone who couldn't appreciate and savor the (fun/fantastic/crazy) person she really is? Ding ding ding!Now if I can just convince her that joining an online dating service will not end in her being kidnapped/tortured/maimed, we'll really have something...baby steps. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment