Email me!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

One of the best things I've seen recently on Facebook--besides, obviously, all the cute kitten photos and Hermain Cain's miscellaneous accusers--was a very simple status update, by a friend of a friend, celebrating the anniversary of her sobriety. It was a very simple 3 or 4 lines, giving thanks for all that she had received since making the choice to be sober and, what was especially poignant, expressing gratitude that after all the mistakes she had made, she was still blessed to give and receive love.

That pretty much made my day. Facebook, as a light in the darkness of our world!  I'm not going to lie and pretend that I only use social media to liberate the masses. Anyone who has read my NC-17 status updates would laugh merrily at the idea that I'm some kind of force for good on-line...but reading this person's joyful words, and seeing how many of her friends had rushed to hit the "me gusta" button and support her...it was nice to witness the benefits of social media.

Then, I went and checked out cuteoverload.com. (Don't judge me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment