Email me!

Monday, July 25, 2011

And here I felt a wee bit guilty about blogging re Amy Winehouse yesterday, but I thought it was important. Meanwhile, how about this article, trying to draw a message for small business owners out of Amy's untimely death: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tricia-fox/self-employed-risks_b_907921.html
Yipes. Or, as one commentator put it: "Did this article really happen?" Unfortunately, yes it did. Yes, indeedy!
Fie.
I'm also disturbed by the photos of Norway's smiling murderer, Anders Behring Breivik, who, interestingly enough is now being referred to a "fundamentalist" and not a "terrorist"...because he's not blond and not Muslim? Oh, I don't know, I'm just thinking aloud. Don't even get me started on the fact that as per his attorney, Breivik said that the murders were "atrocious but necessary." Oh. (Rage rising, rising...) Or, that it took the police 90 minutes to get to the island where teenagers were being hunted down, and some had pretended to be dead to avoid being killed? Or that under Norwegian law, the most that murderous f**k can get is 21 years. Oh. (That gives my tumor a tumor.)
Yes, I'm very cranky today.
Also extremely cranky about the documentary coming out by Liz Garbus, "There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane," about the horrific 2009 crash, regarding the collision caused by Diane Schuler, which killed hers and 7 other people, including one of her children and three nieces. I'm cranky about the film--though I have no doubt it will be an excellent if heart-breaking documentary; Ms. Garbus is extremely talented--because it shows Diane's husband, and members of her family, still refusing to admit the reality of the situation--her blood alcohol was at the equivalent of ten shots of alcohol, and she had marijuana in her system--and instead wondering if maybe she had a stroke, or a pulled tooth...really? When one of the nieces in the car called her mother about Diane's bizarre behavior, instead of calling the cops, they tried to find Diane themselves. I'd rather have a relative mad at me about a DWI, then a dead child...but that's just me.
Don't all the dead deserve the truth? Isn't that compounded when many of the dead are children, members of your family? That simply boggles my little mind. http://tv.nytimes.com/2011/07/25/arts/television/theres-something-wrong-with-aunt-diane-on-hbo-review.html?ref=nyregion
So, I'm very cranky today. And nothing to do about it, but work. And hopefully do my best to not take advantage from someone else's death, or tragedy, and to be truthful...truthful with myself, most of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment