Email me!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Only Connect

This is going to blow your mind, but yes in this, the year of our lord 2011, there are still some people in the world (and by world, I mean: various boroughs of Manhattan), who think that having a website, any website is enough to generate revenue. And by “any website,” I mean websites not only rich in spelling mistakes, and wonderfully bizarre grammar, but also websites which offer the visitor no way to make contact. (http://youtu.be/B7S537b7saEThese are the same people who appear to have forgotten that all life, and business is very much a part of life, still adheres to some very primal rules: 1) people like pretty shiny things and 2) everyone wants to connect, in one way or another.
So if I visit your website, and you taunt me with interesting items but there is no way for me to buy said items, or contact you…grrr. Extreme grrr. I might, depending on my mood, visit your site once again at a later date to see if you had since abandoned your loyalties to the 1880s and put some damn buttons on it allowing me purchase and download said items, or email you…but if not…I’m out!
A website without clear, visible methods to contact the creator(s) is like a store with a stunning storefront window that is always closed. Don’t be that guy; the 1880s sucked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment