Email me!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

31Ways2GetItStarted™!: January 16, 2013

Day 16: Make Do and Move On!

Yes, indeed: you are extremely correct correct, I am posting Day 16 on Day 17. This is indeed super professional, but yesterday, Time Warner decided that my area of Queens could do without the series of tubes and wires which make up Al Gore's Interwebs. It was spotty at best. It was especially fun when I would lose ALL Internet connection right as a client would call in for their session. That was especially fantastic. 

But I am, as Hunter S. Thompson so darkly muttered, a "professional," which is why my advice for Day 16 is, "Make Do and Move On!" When things don't go the way you hoped, make do and move on. I'm not going to stop this movement just because one day wasn't perfect. I've given up, thank god, on perfection years ago, too boring. Instead, I shall rise up, on my broomstick, and carry on.

Change is hard, things don't work out as you want, you can either beat yourself up and start a shame cycle or just say,"...well, today's a new day." It is indeed. (Thank god!) Save the shame for Friday night when it counts.

Want some help being "professional"? (I assume you all can ride your own broomsticks.) Email me @ carlotazee@gmail.com, or visit my Facebook page, "Carlotaworldwide Creativity Yenta," for a free consultation.

No comments:

Post a Comment