Email me!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

31Ways2GetItStarted™!: January 15, 2013



Day 15: Worry Less, Do More!

Contrary to popular belief, I do not have telepathic powers, nor the ability to divine the future. I know: I am also disappointed. Still coming to grips with my inability to control world history. I haz a grumpy.

I state this because quite a few clients ask me, “Is this going to work, are you sure this is going to work?” Um. At this point, I’m only sure only that I’m not sure of anything…oh, excepting Jodie Foster’s sexual orientation. I was sure of that a loooong time before this past weekend’s Golden Globes. Jodie’s “acting” never really put that fact into doubt, if you know what I mean. #meowmeowmeow…meow!

But no, in the larger scheme, I’m not sure that anything is going to lead to anything, except to death and taxes. And cats. Probably, definitely more cats. When I started this business, I certainly wasn’t sure of what the hell I was doing, but I was sure that I did not want to continue working as a bartender, or return to TV “news,” or, dear god, practice law. So, I kept on doing what I could, read business books, found myself business mentors, and, most importantly, helped clients as best I could. I didn’t exactly know what I was doing, but I knew what I didn’t want to do, so by avoiding that and focusing on what I knew…tah-dah! It kind of worked, and I learned more things, got more momentum and look at me now! *shrugs*

I am also sure that people who constantly question themselves, and worry that they’re not doing things “right” are never going to succeed because they are their own worst enemies. If you’re spending more time texting me to ask, “Is this going to work?,” instead of doing the work I assigned you, and making productive choices…where is that going to lead you? That’s why today’s hint, is Worry Less, Do More. The more you do, the more you’ll be able to do. Conversely, the more you worry, the more you’ll see everything that can go wrong. And where does that lead you?

We’re fifteen days into 31Ways2GetItStarted™!...and if nothing else, just keep it going. You’ve made it this far, why stop now? At the end of the day, the people who succeed aren’t the smartest, or sexiest or bravest. The people who succeed aren’t even the people who deserved it most. They’re just the ones who continually mustered their courage in the face of doubt, fear, despair, indifference and other obstacles, and kept trying. They didn’t ask, “Is this going to work?” because they knew that the answer is, and always will be: “Yes…if you make it work.”

So, get back to work! But if you need some help, email me @carlotazee@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment