Email me!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

So, I bit the bullet and am launching various (Allah-willing, successful) on-line advertising campaigns--again, I feel like someone's crochety grandmother who just discovered teh Googles--and I'm sure you're all, "Say whaaat? You're just starting to advertise on-line?? What is this, 1980 House on PBS? Do you also have a pager?" I know, I know, but let's all remember some very crucial facts: I was a history major, with 8+ years in TV, and then I went to law school so, to quote Homer Simpson: "I was told there'd be no math." Being a history major, for example, means I can get very worked up about the factors leading up to the Russian Revolution, or why Stalin created a forced starvation of the Ukraine...but it can play havoc in your day-to-day life.
Basically, I had less than no practical business experience so sometimes yes, it does feel like I'm reinventing the wheel. (And also: how dope would 1980 House be?? I presume it'd feature a lot of break dancers and spandex and men with perms. Maybe also the cast of Krush Groove? I'm sure those poor people could use a paycheck...anyway, I digest.)
But back to on-line advertising: so I finally got over my angst of not knowing what the f&&k I'm doing, and...how much fun was it to design ads?! Like most things in life we fear, once you dive in...it's all gravy. The Adsense people are doing all the heavy lifting for me: what a world!
Once again, it is brought home to me how much wasted time and energy we expend investing in our fears...To again quote Homer Simpson, "I am so smart! S-m-r-t!"

2 comments:

  1. Be brave young one! Just be sure to track the success of your advertising so you can change it up as need be.

    ReplyDelete